Saturday, April 8, 2017

Book: Tag by Simon Royle

Tag Tag by Simon Royle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tag had an engaging story. I found the personal details of the characters' lives more interesting than the overall end-of-the-world plot, which got resolved much too easily, and offscreen, to boot. The world-building was good enough, with mostly understandable language changes. Though I learned the metric system while in Thailand, I haven't retained the formula for making centrigrade into fahrenheit, so I never knew what the frakking temperature was.

The book could use another pass by a good editor (though since the copyright on my copy is 2010, it may already have happened). There are missing words and extraneous words all over the place, as well as sentence fragments, which drove me crazy until I started to tune them out.

Nonetheless, the story trumped the inadequacies, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The bit of the next book included functioned more as an epilogue, and with that, I'm satisfied with the story as it ended. If the author ever writes a sequel, I'll certainly give it a try.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment