Monday, December 14, 2015

Progess!!!

When I started keeping track, I was at 323. That's the most I've ever weighed, including when I was pregnant. I was mortified by my weight, but didn't know what to do about it. Nothing really seemed to work for me. All I knew was I was determined not to gain one single more pound. I was not going to hit 325. No way, no how.

Then I ended up in the hospital last year, with pneumonia, among other things. That sucked, but on the upside, as a result, I got in to see a doctor for the first time in four years. I was diagnosed with diabetes, with a frighteningly (to me) high A1C, got medicated for it, as well as medicated for depression (and gods, I desperately needed it).

It's been a bit of up and down, adding diagnoses and medications one or two at a time, and I'm pretty sure I'm not quite done yet.

However, with the diabetes diagnosis came aforesaid medication, to which I'd previously had a very bad reaction. Not this time! My food stayed down, daily numbers went down, my A1C went down, and best of all, my body mass went down.

I weighed myself last Friday, yes, the day after Thanksgiving, just out of curiosity. I figured, hey, it'll be a bit high, but still, I want to know (plus, I was alone in the house, and it's a talking scale. :/). Packing a little extra on can sometimes break through a plateau. Not that I'm actually trying to reduce my mass, just that it happens to be a happy coincidence of medical care. If I focus on it, my brain will derail it somehow. It's very good at that.

Anyway. 266.4. That is 23 plus 33, which equals 56. Fifty-six pounds of mass recycled to the universe! Pretty awesome news!

I'm wearing jeans again, since my jeans finally fit for the first time in years, and even though I'm nowhere near skinny, I feel better in whatever I'm wearing.

Also as a result of all this medical care, I got a new pair of sneakers (free!! from the hospital system) so my PT could be more effective. Walking still isn't the most fun I've had with my clothes on, it definitely still hurts, but it's *easier* than it has been. That's probably a combination of the support of proper shoes and the reduction in mass, but whatever. I'll take it. Being able to walk farther is useful, and even though it hurts, I still feel good after, like I've done something amazing.

And really, with a body as broken as mine is, walking is pretty damn amazing. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment