Thursday, May 24, 2012

Book: Storm Warning by Kadi Dillon

I enjoyed this book a great deal. It has a good plotline and interesting characters.

However, it desperately needed an editor! Homophone errors were in abundance - waste for waist, for one example. In one instance, the author used the word immersed in a sentence where a female character came out of her hotel room for the first time in four days - she immersed from her room rather than emerging from it. These errors piled up more and more heavily in the second half of the book and became infinitely more distracting.

Despite these issues, I did finish the book, and like I mentioned earlier, I enjoyed reading it. If the author can find a competent editor, I'd love to read more about several of the secondary characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment