Sunday, November 27, 2011

Book: Rescue Me by Sydney Allan

This was a really cute book, with rivalry between twin sisters, and animal rescues, and friends who are far more persistent than one finds really welcome.  The kind of persistence that in hindsight makes you know that those are the best friends you ever had.  However, I thought I was going to go into a diabetic coma from the saptastic last few pages.  Good grief!  I made myself slog through it, but sheesh.

I did find that the vast majority of the heroine's issues were resolved very neatly, quite unlike my life has ever been, and in the end, she did not face any challenges that really made her push herself far beyond her previous limits.

Her relationship with her family, the biggest obstacle in her way, was all a result of a complete lack of maturity (at 24, the horrors!) and a seriously bitchy mother who preferred her twin daughters to be at odds with each other.

Lest you get the impression that I did not enjoy the book, I did.  I just had a few minor quibbles.  Until the sappy ending.  lol

This was a very low-priced or free Kindle purchase on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment