Monday, October 24, 2011

State of Mind

Depression has been a part of my life for so long, I don't remember how to really be happy.  With or without medication, my depression runs in cycles, from just generally depressed to really, really depressed.  Kind of like my own special version of manic/depressive disorder, only without the manic phase.  Without medication, those really, really depressed times are especially debilitating.

This year, in addition to moving into a depressing time of year, I'm having a rough emotional patch with changes in my family situation and changes in my life.  Seems like I cry at the drop of a hat (or the blink of an eye) and have trouble just doing basic things like bathing and feeding myself.

Depression is not going to win this war, but I worry that this will be the year it wins a major battle for a piece of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment