Monday, July 11, 2011

Book Review: a trio of freebies

Murder in Georgetown by Margaret Truman.  I've read other of Ms. Truman's books, such as Murder at 1600, and I always enjoy her insider's look at the shenanigans of Washington, D.C.  Thumbs Up.

Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch and Smokin' Six-Shooter by B.J. Daniels.  Both of these are from Harlequin's Intrigue line.  B.J. Daniels writes reliably good romantic suspense.  Thumbs Up.

By Invitation Only - an anthology with Lori Wilde as the top-billed author.  This is from Harlequin's Blaze line.  I got this one as a freebie at my monthly book club meeting, from a friend (Jillian Burns) who's short/novella is included in the anthology.  The stories are based around a high-profile celebrity wedding, and each story has a little adventurous romance built into the storyline.  I enjoyed them all.  Thumbs Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment