Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book nonReview: Books I've read but won't be reviewing

The vast majority of these books came from boxes I purchased at either the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Educational Foundation's annual Book Sale, or at a San Antonio Public Library's book discard sale.  Either way, I paid for them.  :D

If you ever get a chance to be in the DFW area in February, try to time your trip to coincide with the CFB Book Sale.  It is supremely well-organized, and SO easy to find books to your liking.  And, cheap, especially if you go on Sunday, or buy a box (last I heard, $10 for a copier box full of books).  It's generally been held in an empty Old Navy location, right off highway 190.  It is worth the trip.  cfbisd.edu can be found on the web, and from there, you can find the Educational Foundation.

Harlequin SuperRomance
The Third Mrs Mitchell - +
The Ballad of Dixon Bell - +
Both of these were written by Lynette Kent and set in the At the Carolina Diner series.

Temptation/Desire
How To Be the Perfect Girlfriend - ++    (Heather MacAllister)
Cowboy's Million-Dollar Secret - +   (Emilie Rose)

Romantic Suspense (fka Intrigue)
Dark Reunion - ++
This was written by Justine Davis and is part of the Redstone Incorporated series (of which I want to read more).

MIRA
Small Town Christmas by Debbie Macomber
Promise, Texas - ++
Gold River, Alaska - meh, mediocre to bad (I wish I could say different, but I just can't and be honest about it)

Zebra
Silver Bells (anthology)
Silver Bells by Fern Michaels - +
Dear Santa by Joann Ross - ++
Christmas Past by Mary Burton - +
Mulberry Park Christmas by Judy Duarte - +

Mystery Ink
Blood Money by William Kritlow - I read about 20 pages before I gave up.  This is Christian fiction, less than mediocre writing.  I think all the references to God are supposed to make the reader overlook the fact that the book kinda sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment