Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Update: Kashi GoLean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble

The cereal itself has an odd taste, not quite sweet, and it was mixed with bits of cranberries and blueberries.  Much of my little sample was crushed into dust.

I liked what wasn't crushed enough that I used my $3 coupon to get a full-size box - originally $3.99.  So, for 99 cents, I got a full box of cereal that I can really taste.

As I mentioned in the first post, I eat cereal dry, as a snack, or mixed with yogurt, the way most people eat cereal with milk.  The full-size box has many unbroken pieces, with more clumps, about the size of a large marble.  It's nice and crunchy, with a not-quite-sufficient quantity of berry pieces mixed into the clumps.  It's definitely a healthy alternative, with less sugar than say, Honey Nut Cheerios or Honey Nut Chex, both of which I love to snack on, and neither of which have berries.  I do love dried cranberries and blueberries, and that may have something to do with how much I like this cereal - I might not like it as much with another berry, or no berries at all.

On the down side, there is some kind of grit on the cereal that makes eating it with my hands messy, and leaves little mementos of itself on my bed, if I snack in my room.  This grit is unpleasant enough that I have to wipe my hands with a baby wipe fairly frequently, as it doesn't just lick off.

For the taste, Kashi GoLean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble is a good buy with a coupon.  I wouldn't pay $3.99 for a regular size box of cereal, even the ones I love, like Apple Jacks and Froot Loops.  Did I mention I'm kind of a cheap girl?  lol  Anyway, as long as I can find coupons, I'll be happy to eat this.  I'm not going to go out of my way to find it, nor am I going to buy it without a coupon (at least not at that price).  However, it's filling and would make a great base for a homemade roadtrip trail mix.

Anybody want a coupon?  I have four for $1 off.

No comments:

Post a Comment