Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Topic

Today, I spent a couple of hours at a Workforce Investment Act meeting.  There are federal funds available locally, for retraining in a new field and furthering training in a current field.  In my county, competition for these spots is tough, as there is never enough money to go around for all the people who need help.  Many who are highly eligible have no desire to go through all the steps necessary to get to the golden egg - the government paying for up to two years of "school" to help you get a better job.

I have to admit that the list of "have-to's" was kind of daunting to me, but I decided that I'll never find a job at the rate I'm going now, unless I have some kind of help.  And I've heard that God helps those who help themselves.  I don't know about that, but I'm getting tired of (not really) sitting on my ass looking for a job and not finding one.

No comments:

Post a Comment