Thursday, November 4, 2010

Medical Mess

On September 7, 2010, I quit taking all my medications.  This came about because on my last trip to the doctor, I'd been unable to make even a little payment, and she refused to write me any more prescriptions.  This was her right, and though I disagree with her decision, I respect it.

So, several weeks later, some things have changed.

Hot flashes - still have them, but sometimes I'm cold now, too, and that is passing strange for me.

Blood sugar - down

Blood pressure - up

Weight - up

Pain - waaaaaay up

Depression - random anger and sadness, with pronounced irritability, all of which are noticeable even to me

Eyes - I have clouds that weren't there before, and a big old "bug" in my left eye

Other random weird things - my breasts hurt, a LOT.  Ice tea doesn't taste as good as it used to, and I drink a lot of iced tea.  I don't bruise as easily, but I still bruise easier than I used to.

I have applied for Medicaid and been denied.  I have applied to a local indigent health care system, and been denied.

So, for now, I watch and I wait and sometimes I worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment