Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yet More Random

I've decided that "because you kissed me backstage during a play in high school your freshman year" is probably not a good enough reason to friend someone on Facebook.  It was a memorable kiss, but it was over 30 years ago now.  Better to move on.  lol  Besides, I'm paring down my FB friends list, not adding to it.

Texts From Last Night is a never-ending source of amusement.  Some of them are just so far out I have to wonder if they are even real, and some remind me far too much of things that I did in my twenties.  I keep reading them, who knows?  I might even find something that inspires a story.  heeeee

I went to sleep and woke up with pieces of stories and lines of dialogue in my head, mostly stuff that can expand already existing prompts-in-progress in my working document.  One of them, I thought to myself, "OK, I just now started writing for the first time in my life, and you think I can tackle *that*?  Seriously?  Methinks you need some caffeine."  Yes, I really do think to myself that way sometimes, complete sentences and Shakespearean language.  

I noticed in a lot of fics lately that people use span instead of spun as the past tense of spin, and every single time it takes me out of the story.  I saw it again a couple of days ago, and finally went to look it up, because I just didn't understand how so many writers could be using the same wrong word. I'm reading through the definitions, yeah, yeah, I already know what span means, thanks, and then way down at the bottom, there it is: archaic, simple past tense of spin.  Color me surprised.  It still sounds wrong to me, and will probably always take me out of a story, but at least now I know from whence it came.  Yeah, I know I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment