Saturday, August 24, 2013

Book: The Champagne Sisterhood by Chris Keniston

I've always wished I had friends like these four women are. They're tighter than tight, even with years and distance and marriage wearing on the relationships.

Champagne Sisterhood starts off with Anna getting a scary phone call, and despite the danger of losing her job, she jets across the country when one of her "sisters" is hurt.

The connection between the four women is almost tangible, and the way they rally around each other and are willing to rearrange their lives to help one another is remarkable.

I completely enjoyed reading this book. Why not five stars then? There were more errors than I consider acceptable in a published work, and I have to count off for that, even if she's my friend.

I have to be honest and say that I always read a friend's work with trepidation. Is it going to suck? If it does, how do I tell her (or him)? How do I write an honest review? In this case, I can be completely honest and say that I was pulled in, laughing and crying with these women before I'd even gone a hundred pages. I am definitely looking forward to reading more of Chris' work in the future.

The Champagne Sisterhood is available for Kindle here:

and on bn.com. It's also available as a paperback on both sites, if you prefer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment