Sunday, June 12, 2011

30-Day Writing Challenge, Day Nine


These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:  Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?  Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?  Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?  Now Do. The Thing. You Fear.  (Author: Lachlan Cotter)

Play with cockroaches?  OK, that's a flip answer to a real question, though I am irrationally afraid of roaches.  I suppose I have the same fears many people have - not just the fear of failure, but the fear of success.  Once I get moved, I'm planning to take classes, one at a time, in simple things that will contribute to my bottom line, and at the same time will allow me to help people.  An example?  Reflexology.  I can learn that.  And I can use it to help people heal.  And I can use it to help my financial glass be more than half full, rather than more than half empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment