Sunday, June 5, 2011

30-day Writing Challenge, Day Four


Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.  Bonus: How can your goals improve the present and not keep you in a perpetual “always something better” spiral?

If I had a week to live, I'd make the time to visit my high school best friend again.  Haven't seen her since Spring Break.  Other than that, all this sorting and discarding is stuff I'm doing so that Mrs Potatohead doesn't have to do it when I'm gone.   I guess I'd keep doing it, because preventing her from spending six weeks sorting through my shit is still pretty important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment